The island of Agelica is one of the tourist places in Aswan, which is located in the basin of the Aswan Dam. The island contains the Philae temple and other archaeological sites after it was moved from its original location by UNESCO in 1902, so this island is an important destination for tourists ..
– This island is characterized by the picturesque nature surrounding the temple where you can see the river and the landscape from above this island making it worth visiting both Egyptians and foreigners.
Best Aswan Tourist Attractions trip inside the island of Agelica:
- First, the river journey is the first step to start the journey to reach the island, which makes us enjoy the nature and clean air until the arrival of the island with the capture of many of the commemorative images.
2 – When arriving on the island by a walking tour inside the island.
3 – We make a visit to the magnificent temple of Phila, which is the most important archaeological sites on the island, and taking pictures of the memorial of the temple and the inscriptions and drawings on the walls, dating back thousands of years.
4 – We recommend you visit the booth Trajan, this kiosk is a unique stone umbrella and distinctive built on huge columns, this umbrella overlooking the River Nile.
5 – Enjoy the drawings and engravings engraved on the pillars of the booth.
6 – When you feel hungry or thirsty, we will find an island cafe overlooking the Nile River, you can enjoy meals and soft drinks that satisfy all tastes.
Best Aswan Tourist Attractions:
- One of the most famous monuments on the island of Agelica is the ancient temple of Phila, built for the worship of the goddess Isis, which made the island of great importance. This temple remained on the island of Phila for long periods of time until there was an extension of the Nile water after the construction of the Aswan Dam, In the immersion of the island water, and the construction of the High Dam has a negative impact on the dangerous effects on this island because it was caused by the rise in water levels more than had to take the decision to move the temple to the island of Agelica to protect it.
As for Isis, which is one of the largest and most important archaeological sites built on the territory of a quarter of the island, and after the temple of Isis by several meters there is a cabin “Nakhtenbo I” and two columns of columns that were built during the Roman era.
- There are some Greek-Roman temples on the surface of this island, as well as the Temple of Imhotep dating back to the Ptolemaic period.
Hotels around Agilica Island:
– The Moevenpick Hotel & Resort is located about 31 km from the island.
– Tayba Hotel Aswan is located about 40 km away from Dzerah.
Top 10 Luxor trip from hurghada Tourist Attractions:
- valley of the kings
- Hatshepsut temple
- Karnak temple
- Luxor temple
- Collossi of Memmnon
- Luxor museum
- Valley of the nobels
- Luxor West Bank
- Luxor Western Rites
- Flight of the Flying Baron
Best Hurghada Diving Sites in Hurghada Red Sea:
- Erg Somaya in Hurghada Egypt
- Habibty Reef in Hurghada Egypt
- HEPCA Shark Monument in Hurghada Egypt
- Makadi Bay Reef in Hurghada Egypt
- North Abu Ramada in Hurghada Egypt
- Oberoi Housereef in Hurghada Egypt
- Petra Hurghada, Egypt
- Police Station Hurghada, Egypt
- Royal Azur Coral in Hurghada Egypt
- Sand Beach in Hurghada Egypt